Local Trust, 2021
This handbook from Local Trust offers tips, activities and case studies to inform, empower and inspire community and resident groups to address loneliness.
The handbook draws on the experience of the people and communities involved the Big Local initiative, a resident-led funding programme providing people in 150 areas in England with £1.15m to spend across 10-15 years to create lasting change in their neighbourhoods.
The handbook aims to:
- help to define loneliness and social isolation and examine the impact on individuals and communities
- describe some of the causes (risk factors) and the groups most likely to be affected
- explore key questions you might want to ask to strengthen your impact and reach in your community
- share ideas from Big Local areas and beyond
- provide links to relevant organisations and resources